Monday 7 December 2015

Rebel - Sonates pour violon & basse continue - Beyer et al


Rating: 5/5

Review:
An excellent recording

This is excellent. Beyer and her ensemble get this absolutely right, I think. There is a brisk freshness of approach which brings out all the music's depth, quality and variety while giving it real sparkle and beauty as appropriate. Beyer herself plays magnificently, with superb technique which makes light of the music's technical challenges and leaves it sounding utterly natural, often delightful and sometimes thrilling. Her ensemble match her in every way and the result is a pleasure from start to finish.

I think I actually prefer this to Andrew Manze's recording, which is really saying something. It's a joy, excellently recorded and nicely presented, and it has increased my respect for Amandine Beyer enormously. I love it, and recommend it very warmly indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment