Sunday 11 August 2019

de Croes - La Sonate Égarée - Barrocotout


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Very enjoyable

This is a very good recording. I hadn’t come across de Croes before but tried this because I like Barrocotout’s work and I’m very glad I did.

The music is delightful. It doesn’t have the depth of Bach or Handel, of course, but it’s skilful, quite varied and very pleasing in its effect – it reminds me a little of Heinichen in its feel. It is given a real glow by Barrocotout who play with virtuosity, charm and an obvious affection for the music. The recorded sound by Linn is, as you would expect, superb and it’s an all-round pleasure to listen to.

Even though the music may not be of the very greatest, I think this disc deserves five stars because it’s just so enjoyable to listen to. Warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment